It is Official, Nathan is an Attorney

Monday September 20th was a remarkable day for us and one that we will never forget. The swearing in of each new attorney to the NM supreme Court lasted 3 hours. I couldn't stop smiling because I was so grateful and happy this day had finally arrived. I loved hearing each attorney stand and swear in their new attorney. So many great things were said about each of them. The energy in the room as awesome, all the friends, family and new employers were all so proud. Sitting behind us were twin sons who were sworn in by their father and now working for him. That was really cool to see and many more that were equally impressive. But of course the most impressive was my sweet Nathan. Why? because he is my husband and to have the man you love the most show his love by accomplishing things I have dreamed of him doing is one of the greatest gifts of selflessness, honor and happiness and security he could give me. He has blessed me and our future family beyond measure with this accomplishment.

My sweet Momma came and supported us.She also took us out to PF Changs afterward for lunch.

This is NM supreme Court. At the end each of them spoke and offered great council and wisdom to all the new attorneys. I loved hearing each of them speak.

This is Nathan taking his Oath. The whole time I was thinking how bummed I was that this was the only shot I could get. Oh well you get the picture.

See this smile, this was the smile that was permanently fixed on my face for 3 hours, I kid you not.
This is Paul, Nathans new boss. He gave such a great swearing in for Nathan and I wish I would have wrote it down. However I do remember him saying that Nathan was a man of Integrity and a hard worker.


Below are some of the great words spoken from the NM Supreme Court.
*Your word is your bond
* With great power comes great responsibility, use that power to do great work.
* Serve your community in additional ways, do at least 50 hours of probono work every year and reach out to the people with low income in NM. Make this world a better place.
* See the beauty of being a lawyer, it is a great honor and privilege.
* Consider how you will conduct yourself and establish a great reputation.
* Always live by the Golden Rule
* Be true to yourself, your conscious, and the obligation this profession holds.
* Establish an alliance and do not burn your bridges.
* You are healers with power to positively affect change in difficult situations. Honor this noble profession. You will heal and bring justice to the people and restore their faith in the American Justice System.
*This life experience of being sworn in is a personal transformation for each of you. By taking this oath you can now take people through the doors of justice and that is transforming.

My Sweet Nathan, Thank you for making me the happiest and most proud wife. I couldn't be more grateful to you for all you have done.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats you guys! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome. Hey we are ready to hang out when you are. Just say the word.

    ReplyDelete