This is where we be Top 3

#1 Are my honorable mentions over this summer and what is new in mine and Nathans life. #2 Is my amazing trip to California with Nathans Family. I definitely get the worst wife of the year because while he was at home studying his brains out all summer for the bar, I went on vacation with both his and my family.That's really punk, maybe I shouldn't be admitting this. Hopefully my Nathan will forgive and forget.#3 I spent a lot of time at the cabin this summer, If I could I would have spent my entire summer up there. Every time I leave I get sad, because that place brings me the greatest joy. Ok here we go.

#1 Honorable Mentions

Picture this, Nathan just getting home from basketball on Wednesday and all he can think about is playing Call Of Duty that his friends gave him. He rushes up stairs takes off his sweaty shirt and gets ready to play. Head phones...check, serious focus and determination....check. Our clean blanket wrapped around his sweaty body, because he got cold....check, hey wait not check that's nasty. So I walked upstairs and found this and couldn't stop laughing.

Our niece Bella's bum and the watermelon.

Bella riding the watermelon. Bella- rina girl I'm so in love with you.

I found this kid at Disney Land. Hey mom I was thinking of putting a big z on the side of my hair and a lopsided bleached rats tail some where near the back of my head.Done, no questions.Serious?
Found this one at Disnay Land too.Honey I have always loved mullets and I think we should give our boy one who has no say because he is to young to tell us heck no a mullet. You know he has such nice flowy, curly hair, it will just be amazing. Poor boy, the sad thing is, he doesn't even know what's going on; or that people are secretly blogging about his nasty hair cut. Oh I'm being bad,forgive me. Friends, just promise to never give your kid a mullet...ever!

Nathan got a job with Barber and Borg, where he will be doing personal injury work on the reservations in NM and Arizona. He worked so hard this summer studying. I was so proud of him. I felt so bad for the entire summer, because his study schedule was seriously grueling. The day it was over both of us felt this massive burden lift from us. Sadly he still has to take the Navajo and Arizona bar, but he is just taking it one test at a time. Here he is looking at his new baby, since we don't have one yet. All of you that gave him graduation money it went toward this. A Samsung 46" HDTV. What a beautiful thing. I was surprised how much I liked it.

We went to El Pinto that night and it was so so good.

When Nathan got home from his test I gave him the photo book I made for him. He loved it.

Being home has been so great, in so many ways. It takes being away to realize what an incredibly beautiful place NM is. I loved Utah and Washington, but there is no place like Albuquerque. When people complain about this place and say it is ugly, I think how sad it is that they can't see the magnificent beauty of this place. They sky's are like nothing else I have ever seen. The mountains are amazing. I love living on the west side so I can see the trees of the basque and the Mountains. I love the food, the culture and architecture and the weather. Nathan and I are looking forward to the day we will get our dream home which will be the adobe, Mediterranean style home. And of course being home with my family is more than I could ever ask for. Nathan and I go to cougar hill at night and work out together and this is just one of the many sunsets we have seen this summer.

I am now working in the Albuquerque Temple on Thursday mornings with my sweet mother. She was my trainer and I have to say my Mother was even more beautiful and angelic in the temple. I am so happy to be able to spend this time with her. I love this temple so much and am so grateful to working here. But there has been one thing that makes me sad about this shift, no one comes. It honestly makes me sad. Whenever we do have a patron come in I am always so grateful to that person who took the time to serve the Lord. So if you are reading this, go to the temple. Go as often as you can, you will be amazed with how your life will change.

The next two pictures are views of the Sandia Mountains from where I work. I got a job at the Tamaya Hyatt Resort out in Bernillo. The spa is so amazing,and I really love working there. It has been such a blessing. The resort is beautiful and the view of the mountains is awesome.



#2 California Trip. Nathan's sweet parents put this trip together and it was awesome. I was so grateful to be able to go. We did so many great things. Mom presented me with a park pass that had Disney Land, Sea World, Universal Studios, and the San Diego zoo. When I got this pass I was soooo happy. I would have to say that my favorite place was Sea World, but all the other parks came in a close second. We also went to the Animal Kingdom. Yes we were park hopping like crazzzy.

Dad took us to Farells, and little did I know that this is the place where dreams come true. This place was in a constant fury of outrageous birthday songs, the waiters saying jokes for the people, sirens going off when people ordered a massive bowl of ice cream and so much more. Dad and Mom thanks for an evening I will never forget.

Behold the Massive Bowl of ice cream. I can't remember what it was called, all I know is that it was 50 bucks and had everything in it you could ever want or imagine.

Ok this was awesome. All this sudden we hear this loud siren go off and these guys are racing around the restaurant with our bowl of ice cream on this fantastic holder/shrine thing. And they were running, fast, it was hilarious and completely dangerous and out of control. I was just glad the ice cream made it to our table safely.

This is at the Wild Animal Kingdom. This amazing animal, I don't know what it is called, was beautiful, buff and he eats standing up. Who knew?

Footsie Wootsie, I knew I would love this thing just by the name. Great name= I'm hooked. And who would have thought that for only 25 cents I would be able to relax, rejuvenate and revive my feet. That's the best deal I have ever heard of. So I tried it out and the footsie wootsie did not disappoint.


I really wanted to jump inside the Flamingo's habitat and pet/snuggle/squeeze that little baby. But I held back.

My very sweet Nephew Gabriel. Who wouldn't want a mustache made out of beef jerky. I know for a fact Nathan would.

The Meercats. They were my all time favorite animal that I saw. Reason being is that they reminded me of Nathan. The whole trip I was wishing so badly that Nathan was with me. So when I saw these cute fellows I felt one with Nathan.


This was Biff at sea world in the Sea Lion show. He dressed up as a bunch of artists and did the funniest dances. Here he is Vanilla Ice. So I have never laughed so hard for so long like I did during this show. Hands down my favorite show.

The acrobatics done in this show blew my mind.


The little girl running behind the princess( I forget her name, you know the one from princess and the frog) was shouting to the princess, I love you, I'm your biggest fan. I have your picture and autograph on my wall.I't was so cute, you would think with how she was acting that this princess was some Goddess.

No I don't know that lady in the picture beside Cruela Devil.


This rides sole purpose was to get us soaking wet, and it did. Dad bought be a big Shamu parka, but even that couldn't protect me against this ride. BAD RIDE. We were so cold the rest of the day.



Here we are on our way to Disney Land. We were all filled with the most incredible joy I think a person can feel.



#3 Colorado. We went four wheeling, hiking, saw the fire works, the pioneer day celebration, had a talent show, did some dancing and just hung out with the family. Life is sweet.



As many know our family likes to dance and my sweet Momma has gotten the name of Groovin Grams. That name fits her perfectly and everyone in my family is always telling my I'm just like mom because I tend to dance a lot and do random dance moves here and there. And if you must know I was awarded the best dancer award at my family reunion, that's right I'm bragging about my skills, since I have such mad dance skills...right.

The girls were performing the skit poison cookie dough, at it was awesome, I was really impressed.

The boys showing us their moves to the song kung fu fighting.

I love this picture of my mom an dad.

Watching the fire works in Alamosa. They were darn good.

Dad got all the grandkids on the ATV and was driving them around. Love it.



The Colorado Quakie tree are my favorite trees. They are so beautiful.


This was Nathan and I's all time favorite ATV ride. There was still a lot of snow and water on the trails when we went so it made for the greatest mud riding.
Ah good times.

1 comment:

  1. Holy Macrol! What a post. What a fun summer. I think I don't want to have the adobe house someday....I can't decide. I just love white so much and big white baseboards and plantation shutters and white cabinets. I don't think those two would mesh well....

    ReplyDelete