My trip to New Mexico

I went home for my sweet Great Grandmothers funeral. I didn't have a picture of her in my computer so I was really bummed but I will say a little something about her any way. My Great Grandmother name was Mary Brown and she was a very strong, motivated, loving and giving woman. I remember her making our family food. She was a great cook and constantly would bring over her special beans, tuna, cream pies, banana bread and more. I would take her to the hair salon and to get grocery's when I was in high school and she would give me a little spending money and she would always tell me how pretty I was. I loved playing in her all pink bathroom when I was a child, it was a really magical place in that bathroom of hers and I loved sneaking into her room and lathering on really thick her cherry chap stick. If she only new. I loved my O'mom and am grateful for her life, for the love and service she gave to me how she took care of my dear mother. Her funeral service was beautiful and a wonderful celebration of her life. She lived to be 92. I hope to live to be that old one day. My O'mom loved onions with the passion, and maybe that is where I get it from. My mom says that eating all those onions made her really healthy and live a long life so maybe I will have a chance! It was so wonderful seeing my mom's side of the family whom I never see. It was so nice to be all together again. So while I was home of course I did some fun things as well and below are a few of my highlights from the trip.

We went to this jumpy place, I forget the name but we had such a great time. This is a picture of Muffins twins. They were so cute and funny coming down that slide. I especially liked this day because Jakey poo bear decided to become my friend finally. After all week with him not wanting anything to do with me, he all this sudden wanted me to hike him up these crazy jumpy slides over and over again, breaking my back; and when I did that he decided he loved me and wouldn't leave my side.

Ahhh my dream of being a biker chick and riding bikes was so real and was finally coming true. My dad has some Harley's and wanted to teach me to ride. We went out twice (of course just touring the neighborhood). It was honestly so great, and I hadn't even gotten out on the open rode yet. My dad got me a helmet and we had plans of buying my a jacket and chaps when we move there. so as soon as my dream was coming alive and real it went crashing away right before my eyes when I got a call from my sweet mother. Basically she pleaded with my not to ride those things and that I had to much of my life to live to jeopardize it with something so dangerous. So of course I heard my sweet mothers plea and obeyed her request. The thing is she speaks the truth and I guess I will have to get my thrill from something else.

Mike and Boo blessed Bella at my parents house. It was such a beautiful blessing. Bella is so incredibly beautiful and sweet it kills me. They are such a beautiful family. And I have to mention sweet Carter. So every time I come home the kids change so much. But I have never witnessed a change quiet like Carters. He went from some pretty darn loud, rascally terrible 2 and threes, to this quiet, sweet, polite, calm incredible little man. I was so confused what had happened to him. He was a 100% different little boy. Wow he really is something and his glasses make him that much sweeter. This gave me hope that if I have a boy go through some really bad 2 and 3's there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Here are some of my nieces and nephews. I will be really sad the day they grow out of wanting make up parties and doing little corny performances that I come up with to have them perform for the family.

My beautiful, wonderful sisters. Here we are at La Casa Sena in Santa Fe after sending off O'mom in a little service for her to be buried next to O'pa. We love this restaurant. Every time we go to Santa Fe we come here.

My dad dancing with Maddie and Mom dancing with Lydia. This is what we do in our family, we put on music and dance.


We celebrated Muffins and Mia's birthdays. This is Sarah's boy Noah and I thought his chocolate face was the greatest thing going. And his smile made it even better.

Mia and Abby, so pretty and so sweet.

Muffy and Sammy. Sammy's little voice has got to be one of the cutest little voices I've heard.

Sweet Kisses

I love her smile in this picture.

Ahhh, me and Lydia. Here we are in the dollar store. So Annie and I are just strollin along shopping not really paying attention to Lydia. All this sudden I hear this small talking and laughing. I look at her and she is just so happy and so content in that cart. She seriously cracks me. She is always so happy and doing these cute little chuckles. So Annie grabbed the bunny ears and put them on her and she was really liking that so we took some pictures with them.

She is so happy, it makes me happy!

1 comment:

  1. Polly! Looks like you had a blast in New Mexico. I was thinking about you the other day. We need to catch up soon. Perhaps over a massage ;) Hope things are well!

    ReplyDelete