The Barn and The Cabin

During the fall we love to go to the cabin to see the amazing colors of the trees. The beauty of Colorado speaks for itself and you can see by the pictures why we never want to leave. We also saw the barn that my dad is having the Amish build. This structure was so remarkable and perfect! What was so amazing about this barn was seeing the Amish work and construct the thing. They are extremely hard workers but most impressive is a man named Ruben. He is 35 and the one in charge of the designing and building of it. The part that is so baffling is that Ruben doesn't draw out plans and dimension and everything that goes into building a massive structure. He just envisions it in his head and gets to work. Now, how can build something and get every measurement perfect by just envisioning it! That is mind blowing and not to mention the Amish only go to school until the 8th grade! Needles to say unbelievable but true! Everyone had to head home but I stayed with my dad for the week and we had the greatest time together. It was definitely one of those times that I wished would last forever. We drove the Amish to and from the work site. This was a real treat getting to know them better. My dad has already made great freinds with them and it has been a blessing for our family to know them. Their lives are so beautifully simple and they are such a content happy people.I got to get into one of their buggies and that thing was awesome. It had green felt (bling,bling) in the interior and the wind shield wipers you would manually turn a nob back and forth. They also have electricity in them so they have lights and for in the winter time they can hook up a heater to stay warm. I met an Amish woman named Polly which was neat and got to hang out with the kids for a while. The Amish kids are so amazing.Unlike their parents they have no reservations in just starring and starring at you because they are not used to being around people that look like us.It is very funny. I really like giving them treats because they rarely get special treats, and they love me for it. My dad and I also did some incredible 4 wheeling! I love it when it is just us because he lets down his guard and becomes like a young boy. This is what I love best because this is when we have the most fun. We drove so fast and furious, ya like the movie, on those things it was crazy! I can't wait to go back and do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment