Lj Styde Number 5

The top 5 things about this trip to Charleston South Carolina

1) Seeing my Dad pull up in the van to pick me up at the airport.
2) Being with my sweet sisters, sister-in-laws and my Mom and Dad.
3) Feeling and seeing the "Belle" of the South. Breath taking!
4) Coming to kmow that Southern Hospitality is real thing, I was amazed!
5) And of course shopping till I dropped.

My dad drove across the US( well almost) to treat us to an lj styde that will never be forgotten. I was so excited when I found out where we were going because I have never been to a place like this. I find it so humbling and amazing how my Father is willing to sacrifice so much for me that I may be able to experience such incredible, memorable, exciting things. I cherish these trips so much and am forever grateful to my Father for dreaming up the Lj Styde. What a brilliant, brilliant man, if I say so myself. There really is no one like Him.

Beautiful girls, and so excited to get this party started.

My sweet Mama. She is constantly doing the funniest things. She listened to her ipod a lot on the trip and she would always being dancing; her moves are very funny and cute. Then out of no where you would hear her bust out and sing really loud when she felt really passionate about a song that came on.


We ate at Cracker Barrel a few times on this trip. We really like the store and the rocking chairs.

Heading towards down town Charleston where we ate, shopped and strolled down the streets to see the beautiful architecture.

We ate a restaurant called Magnolia's. It was some really great southern food! We had sweet potato fries and this is my dish. It was blackened catfish with dirty rice and fried green tomatoes. It was amazing.


This is the building that is the entrance to the out door flee market in down town. It was such a unique market place.

This picture gives you the perfect depiction of the south with the trees and architecture.


We came upon this old church and cemetery. The dates of the lives of the people in the cemetery dated back to the 1800's. It was such a beautiful cemetery and the feeling of it all was really awesome.



This is Lorilynn's Baby Bella. She is the type of Baby that makes you want to have babies, and alot of them. She is such a peaceful angel that she draws you to her. My Mom sang her this song that says " Bella rina girl I'm so in love with you". After I heard her sing that to Bella every time I saw Bella I just had to sing her that song because I really am in love with her. Oh what a miracle it would be if I could ever have a baby like her.




This is Heidi's baby William. He is a really beautiful boy and has the most fabulous ears. He is a very sweet baby.

Here is some of the architecture and homes in Charleston. It was so beautiful and I feel like the pictures just didn't do it justice.




Here we are at the Magnolia plantation. This was so exciting to see. This was a rice plantation way back in the day. We took a tour of the land and of the plantation house. The beauty and history where so amazing. I loved being able to experience the plantation.

This is the homes of the slaves. Two families would live in one house and each family usually had 10 plus kids.

The tour bus. William has a funny face.

The swamps where so cool and eery at the same time.





This was the first time seeing an alligator. It was really close to our bus and Annie was like "Um you guys that is really scary, haven't you seen the shows on the discovery channel of the alligators leaping out of water and killing and devouring the animals that are drinking the water in the lake." I thought that was funny because I was just thinking how cool it was that the alligator was so close to us and that I was getting good pics of it.

I couldn't get enough of those trees. They where so neat and eery to me.

The plantation house. This was the third one built because the first two ended up burning down. The first one burned down because lightening struck it. Pretty interesting, hmmmm.... Maybe the Lord was trying to tell them something.



I have never seen a rooster like this in all my life. The colors were incredible.

shopping at the outlets.

We really liked eating here.

What a great name to call your jewlery buisness.

In the airport at the end of our trip. This was a very sad time. Why did it have to end, why. Untill next year lj styde, I am already anticipating it.

3 comments:

  1. That looks amazing. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip! great sister and daughter time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. I love those trees, they look like someone painted them. I am so glad you found our blog too. Danica does still talk about you and i think she would get a kick out of seeing you guys. Let us know when you're in town.

    ReplyDelete